Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Cell phones and service in our area

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cell phones and service in our area

    I've gotten alltell, and needless to say I'm not really thrilled with cost/coverage or such. I've also got a phone that is coughing and wheezing and maybe giving up the ghost. So what does everybody have, is there anything that covers or picks up better in Dickenson/Wise county?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Glory_Days's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2003
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell phones and service in our area

    i have alltel...and i cant complain...never had any problems so far
    "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."

  3. #3
    Inactive Member UFGATORS's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell phones and service in our area

    do not get verizon it sucks

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell phones and service in our area

    I've got alltel and my service has been alright for the 4 years i've used them but I recently gotten a new motorola phone and I'm gonna have to take it back because it's a piece of junk...Can't hear anyone on it, the antenna recently broke, and that just a few things wrong with it.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member UK5's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2004
    Posts
    205
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell phones and service in our area

    Alltel has done good for me.......never had a problem.........and for Verizon listen to UFGATORS, it sucks.........

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell phones and service in our area

    Well maybe it is my phone. Dickenson County sucks for cell service though. You would think they would put a tower on top of red onion and help wise and dickenson county service both
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member DawgFan3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2003
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell phones and service in our area

    Speaking of phones and service...who provides the best deals and such...Im tired of the ol' trac phone and the amount of money I put into those gay cards...We decided it was cheaper just to get a plan...so what would be cheapest...I've look at Alltel and Verizon...Alltel seems to have the best deal at 39.99 for 700 minutes...1000 night and weekend minutes..but anyone have anything different?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member bkbasketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2003
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell phones and service in our area

    I have Verizon. I like it. I get 500 anytime and Unlimited nights and weekends so its fine by me.
    "Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

    Play Like a Champion Today
    [img]http://www.facade.com/celebrity/photo/Michael_Jordan.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell phones and service in our area

    How is the Verizon service in this area? I have Alltel and have been with that group since the service started as Sprint back in the 90's. I just want to know if the Verizon service is any good in Wise County.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cell phones and service in our area

    i've got verizon. It picks up just as good, if not better than Alltel most of the time. I love it. Nothing wrong with it. I've got a few buddies who are switching to Verizon from Alltel, because you get charged for checking your voice-mail or something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •